1. Populist Referendum: Was Brexit an Expression of Nativist and Anti-Elitist Sentiment? (with Brian Rathbun, Jason Reifer, and Tom Scotto), Research & Politics, 2018, 5 (2).
1. Economic Decline and Diversionary Rhetoric on Social Media: Time Series Analysis (with Pablo Barbera, Anita Gohdes, and Thomas Zeitzoff)
2. From Riot Police to Tweets: How World Leaders Use Social Media during Contentious Politics (with Pablo Barbera, Anita Gohdes, and Thomas Zeitzoff)
3. Networks of Power: Analyzing Popularity Patterns of World Leaders on Social Media (with Adam Badawy)
4. Engineering Depolarization: Experimental Interventions to Reduce Partisan Bias (with Gabrielle Cheung)
5. Near Crises in World Politics: A New Data Set and Analysis of Escalation Processes (with Patrick James)
This new poll shows that populism doesn’t stem from people’s economic distress. Oct 19, 2017. The Washington Post - Monkey Cage (with Brian Rathbun and Kathleen Powers).